Henry is Coming to Boston
If you find yourself in Boston on September 18 at 6:00 PM, I will be giving a presentation at MIT, bldg. 4 room 270. Bldg. 4? Is that the best name they can come up with for a building? This is MIT for heavens sake, they could call it something like The Black Hole lab or The String Theory bldg. or even Einstein and Hawking Hall. Anyway, my talk is open to the public. I would love to see you there. Be there or be square. As my host stated: "Henry Halem, is one of the pioneers of the American studio glass movement". How can you not go to hear and see a pioneer.
To Order Glass Notes and Video's Click Here
Glass Notes is the glass studio bible.
If you like the plans for the ultimate day tank in Glass Notes I have a page on this site that tells you where you can get the liner. AZS Day Tank Liner.
The details of what you will find in Glass Notes
- Pete Vanderlaan introduces you to batching your own glass
- Glass Compatibility, Glass Colorants, Calculating Linear Expansion
- Annealing Charts, Determining A.T., Controllers, Annealing Castings, Stress & Compatibility (Illustrated)
- Casting, All Kinds of Molds & Mold Formulas, Sand Casting, Kiln Casting (Illustrated)
- All About Refractories, Bricks, And Insulation (Illustrated)
- Building All Types of Furnaces, Heat Recuperation (How-to Illustrations)
- How to Build Different Types of Glory Holes, Fiber, IFB, Square Hole, Build A Garage (How-to Illustrations)
- Burner Systems, Flame Safety, Studio Safety, Exhaust Systems, Build to Code (Diagrams & Illustrations)
- Building Annealers, IFB, Skamol Insulation, Roll-Out Oven, Electrical Information (How-to Illustrations)
- Paté de Verre, a how-to by Alicia Lomne (Illustrated)
- Fusing, a how-to by Jeremy Lepisto (With Charts)
- Adhesives, Enameling, Scavo, Mold Separator, Fuming (Iridizing)
- Color-Bar Breaker (How-to build illustrations)
- Battery Powered Pipe Cooler, Benches, Calculating Make-Up Air (How-to Illustrations)
- An Extensive list of Suppliers of Materials and Equipment for the Glass Studio with Web sites
- And lots more
If Glass Notes has helped you in any way please let me know and with your permission I will give you and your studio a shout out.